End of Year Showcase
- End of Year Showcase
Year End Worship Concert-free to guests
Come celebrate the end of the year with a performance featuring the Recreational Division and Level 1A and 1B students training at Turning Pointe School of Dance. With a wide variety of styles of dance, from Tap to Ballet and Jazz and Hip-Hop to Musical Theatre, you will see what students have been working on since the start of the school year. This is a wonderful opportunity for families and friends to see how much your dancer has grown both spiritually and artistically throughout the year!
Families are encouraged to bring their cameras and come see what their child has learned during the year about worship through dance! The Showcase is followed by a brief reception with lemonade and cookies.
Participation fee and costume purchase fees apply. Please note: participation fees cover facility rental, administrative, choreographic and rehearsal expenses.Storybook Ballet students have an informal in-studio performance at the end of each 8 week session.
End of Year Showcase 2019 Important Dates
Location of Dress Rehearsal and Showcases:
- Community Reformed Church, 10376 Felch Street, Zeeland, Michigan
Showcase Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019 at Community Reformed Church
- 11am Showcase – Dancers may be dropped off no earlier than 10:30am.
- 3pm Showcase – Dancers may be dropped off no earlier than 2:30pm.
- Students arrive in costume with hair and make up done.
- Students may NOT be picked up until the end of the Showcase. They watch the show backstage with their teacher and class.
Mandatory Dress Rehearsals at Community Reformed Church:
- Thursday, May 16th 5:00-7:30pm– Dress Rehearsal and Photo Shoot for 3pm Showcase classes All dancers arrive at 5pm.
- Friday, May 17th 5:00-7:30pm — Dress Rehearsal and Photo Shoot for all 11am classes All dancers arrive at 5:00.
- Students arrive in costume with hair and make up done. Parents stay and may take their dancer as soon as their class has rehearsed.
- Class photos are taken backstage. Individual photos may be done after you pick up your dancer.
- All dancers (except Hip Hop) must purchase a fresh pair of footed tights for the Showcase. Parents will be informed of appropriate color. Tights must be footed for consistency in photographs.
- Don’t allow dancers to play with costume.
- Silk Keepsake Flowers with commemorative ribbon may be orderd via a Google Form emailed to parents.